Watoto Kenya Foundation is a so-called ANBI foundation. This means that our foundation has been recognized by the tax authorities as a Public Benefit Institution. This allows donations to our foundation to be deducted from the tax.
You can choose to make a periodic donation or a one-time donation.
A donation is periodic if the following 3 conditions are met:
- You give the same amount to the same institution or association each year. You may decide yourself whether you pay your annual gift in one go or in several instalments.
- You pay the amount for 5 consecutive years. Longer is also allowed.
- You have determined when your annual donation will end. For example after 5 years or if you die.
You may fully deduct this periodic gift from the tax if you meet the following conditions:
- Your donation goes to an ANBI. Our foundation is an ANBI foundation.
- You have recorded the periodic gift in an agreement that has been drawn up by a notary. Or in an agreement that you conclude with the association yourself. Such a form can be downloaded here .
- You will receive nothing in exchange for your periodic gift.
A one-off donation is also possible. Then no forms need to be completed. It is true that you cannot deduct the full amount, because a threshold and a maximum apply to ordinary donations. You may deduct the amount above the threshold, but no more than the maximum amount.
The threshold amount and the maximum amount depend on your threshold income. That is the total of your income and deductible items in boxes 1, 2 and 3.
The threshold amount is 1% of your threshold income, but at least € 60. You may deduct what you have given more up to a maximum amount of 10% of your threshold income.
More information about periodic and one-off donations and tax deductions can be found on the website of the tax authorities.
If you have any questions, please contact us. You can do this via the contact form.